Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Tantrums aren't just for toddlers.

Hi friends,

Happy to have you back this week, I think I may be a little late, my apologies. I seem to have a 3ft dictator who isn't real keen on seeing the computer in front of me, attached to my hip lately.  This put bit of a damper on my blog writing, but this dictator also doubles as my two year old, so I don't mind it all that much. I am pretty sure his two year molars are comming in and with a vengeaence I might add. Holy cow, I forgot how miserable teething can make our lives. AHHHH! The sleepless nights, the diaper rash, the  whining, OH the WHINING! Poor kid... when I ask him if his teeth are hurting he just responds "uh huh." Thank GOD for Motrin. We are all better because of motrin. TRUST me. Although, the teething does not explain the fact that he fed the dog an entire loaf of wheat bread ( the fact that it's wheat is important because it's expensive here) and emptied the entire bag of dog food onto the floor...This happened back to back and at 0530am. Good morning sunshine. It resulted in " Donny you are going to have to wake up for this one." I think he was napping by 0645am that day. It was a sanity nap but a nap no less. It's interesting, as awful as he can be at times, he has started this thing where he wants your kisses and then says "kank oo" in his little adorable sweet love of mine voice, and makes the whole world right.

As some of you may know I have recently taken up surfing...It was only a matter of time, seeing as I live in a place with some of the best surfing in the world. I began on my husbands long board, and the waves seemed to just happen, I was happy catching waves no problem. Then I decided I needed my own board, once again that was the five year old in me not wanting to share. So I got myself a nice fancy new lighter (faster) board. Really Brooke?  Anyway I surfed Hermosa, a nearby beach to the south of where we live with my husband and his friend this past Saturday. I proceeded to paddle out or so I thought, and only ended up a 1/2 mile down the beach from where I set out. The waves were thick and closed out and horrible, and so a tantrum was in order. Seriously, I whined and smacked both my hands in the water and made my way to the beach in a stomping manner. Nice. True story. Ask my husband. This was only minorly embarrassing, it was eclipsed by my husband breaking the only board that I am actually good at catching waves on. However, it  solidifies the fact that the waves were crappy and no one caught anything that day, so a tantrum may have been in order after all.

I would like to take this time to now ask those of you who are return readers, to officially follow my blog. Please and Thank you:)

No comments:

Post a Comment