Hola Everyone, I know you are all shocked that I have managed to get two blogs out in the same week. Aren't I just a productive pants these days. Looks like the siesta's are working. I have decided that in this blog I would highlight things that are perfectly normal here and well... lets just say they might be a little unorthodox to most people I know. Let's get started shall we...
1. Riding your bike with a small child in the front basket.
2. Treating your beach cruiser like a mini van. Seriously, the other day we saw an entire family of four on one bike. Dad was doing the peddling, mom was holding baby and the little boy was behind mom. Straight up talent right there folks.
3. Taking your dog everywhere. We saw a couple with their dog on a dirt-bike. The dog was riding with front and back paws hanging over and belly down on the back seat. This was not a small dog I might add. I could not get a picture as it was raining too hard.
4. Wearing your bikini into the grocery store.
5. Gold chains are back and in full force here.
6. Getting to first base just upon meeting someone. Seriously everyone kisses you it's no big deal, unless of course your a germ-a-phob.
7. At any given time you may be delighted to to see a combo store, my husband and I enjoy these a great deal, it's when you find a place that has dual or even multifunctional purposes. For Example, you may have a soda y zapata repair shop. After all who doesn't like to have a bite to eat AND get their shoes fixed, duh it makes total sense.
8. Holiday's are very common and everyone gets off school or work for these days. Example, we have had three holidays since being here, Guanacaste day, Mothers Day, and some other holiday that I honestly didn't take the time to remember. This Friday is yet another holiday and we are comming up on Costa Rica's independence day. I am actually quite excited about this, but only because my son is going to be in the parade here in town with his school.
9. Eggs are not believed to necessitate refrigeration. ( I don't follow this rule)
10.Everything will be done later or tomorrow just not now, and with no sense of urgency.
In other news...the restaurant is doing well and we are up and running for breakfast, my cinnamon rolls are a hit. I am finding myself making at leat a few batches a week. It's great for business and not so great for my waistline. We can't seem to predict when people will be hungry but they tend to come in herds when they do come. It's the one thing that reminds me of the ER, feast or famine ya'll. Shout out to my Nurse pals I am missing you guys something fierce. Did I ever mention that I ran into Dr. Ullery in line at the airport when we were on our way to Costa Rica? Crazy right?
Charlie has been great this week, but that could be because he went to school all full days this week. So proud of my man. It's not easy being the youngest kid in the whole school. Who really wants to poop in their pants in front of their peeps, it takes away all your street cred, for real. I took some time to observe my little piece of genetic offspring the other day. This is what ensued, he marched around his toys and proceeded to say the word "mine" at least 15 times consecutively and I'm being conservative. Also he changes at least 4 times a day, but he won't wear what I choose. He has to pick it out. You can only imagine the tantrums that result because of this. Today he wanted to wear his soccer cleats, but we have ceramic tile floor so this combination usually results in lots of falling and it's not good . Needless to say I have hidden the soccer cleats for now. I'll break them out when I find him a team to play on.