Monday, August 29, 2011

The Good the Bad and the Day to Day.

Holy cow have we been busy lately, hence the lapse in time from the last blog post. My bad. No excuse other than the fact that we have been working, playing and meeting so many new people I feel like I need clone just to process all of the new information. Any way...I guess I begin with my canine counterpart Evie, my black lab. My little lover girl has a man friend who lives across the street. His name is Chewey, he's a golden doodle and a bit of a grump. He stays in our yard guarding it without prompting or reward and even barks at Donny when he leaves, which makes me giggle a lot. I'm pretty sure he just does it to be cavelier. Maybe that's what she likes about him. When I call her to come in at night he walks her all the way to the door, waiting for the invitation to come in, usually to no avail but hey whatever works right? They do say that persistence pays off don't they?  He is a bit dramatic, sometimes he stands in the middle of the road and refuses to move, I ususlly end up talking him down and de-escelating the situation telling him that "suicide isn't the answer and things will get better." he usually ends up moving out of the way with no sense of urgency what-so-ever. See my nursing training did me some good. Chewey and Evie are a super cute couple, I will most definately need to post some pics of this pairing.
Next order of business is Charlie, he has been doing really well you know as well as a two year old with his countless emotional breakdowns, anorexic tendencies, and throwing himself onto a tile floor at the mere mention of the word "NO" can be. But seriously he is awesome and loves a party, no kidding. I showed up to school the other day and there was a Karoke bus parked with the bass bumpin to some killer Miley Cyrus tunes. I'm telling you they really know how to get down. He loves to dance. It's pretty cute.
On another note, I think he inherited my clumsiness, his teacher sent him home the other day with outfit # 3, #1 was a victim of the blueberry and granola combo think lots of fiber and a really good cleansing of the colorectal system. # 2 he managed to fall sliding at least 2 feet in the mud covering his entire outfit in good ol Costa Rican mud. I used bleach and peroxide but those clothes are DONE with a capitol D. I don't understand why they don't make special clothes for toddlers, espically boys, out of the same matieral as those washable bibs. Just wipe em off.
We are meeting so many interesting new people, it's lots of fun. So far we have a couple of Texan friends, A man from Alaska who hunts things, carries guns and is friends with Ted Nuget. A group of kids from Seattle, one of whom is getting ready to stard Med-school, so I got to talk using medical jargon, it was kind of nice. A lady from Turkey who likes my Empanadas, and a bunch of Highshool teachers from Germany who can't get enough of my Banana pancakes. Just to name a few.
I took a two hour nap today, I have not done this in a long time. It was well deserved and much needed. I am thinking about making the siesta a staple in daily life. I guess that one of the perks of being my own boss.
In other news...
Currently reading a book called Breakthrough Prayer, by Jim Cymbala great read so far.
I got donny hooked on espresso, for those of you who know my husband this is a big deal.


Just a few pics of us around the shop and Charlie playing at McDonalds.

1 comment: